Started the Wilderness Medicine Interest Group this year, got an email a few weeks ago from a random student saying:
I want to nominate your group for best new interest group at rfums. How do I go about doing that? I'm impressed with your group's ability to start a completely unique interest club from scratch, and your emails are great too. Thanks!
I wasn't sure if such an award even existed or if anything would come of it, but I figured even if nothing official came out of it I could still consider the year a complete success since we made a good enough impression to get a message like that!-Lee
Today I got an email:
Congratulations!
You have been chosen for the below award as part of the 1st Annual Student Leadership Awards Banquet!
The Award Recipient is: Wilderness Medicine Interest Group
The Award Title is: Outstanding New Student Organization Award
Please see the below email for your formal invitation to the Student Leadership Awards Banquet. Professional attire is recommended for this ceremony.
So cool! Glad all this work paid off :D
Can't make it to the banquet unfortunately :( but I'm stoked anyway!!
Congrats also to the other two officers, Matt & Jenny!
No comments:
Post a Comment